Thursday, August 16, 2012

Reboot Day 4 Weight: 177.4 Temp: 97.8

Day 4, I can't believe it. I know I haven't been drinking juice as often as I should. It's taking some time to get used to making it and knowing what I like and how much to make. I ended up pouring out most of my "Mean Green" juice yesterday. I tried to add strawberries to make the taste bearable but that only made it worse. So today I experimented. I think I created my new favorite recipe! It's not the 80/20 (That's 80% vegetable and 20% fruit to all you non-juicers) but I can drink it and like Sarah says in her blog "It's still better than a donut!"
(You can view her blog here: http://planetsarah.com)

I think I am going to dub this juice recipe as Orangutan Juice*. I don't really know why but it just seems to fit for me:

2 Cups Spinach
2 Cups Kale
2 Oranges (Seedless and peeled)
1 Mango (Peeled and pitted)
(by the way, if you've never bought a mango and had to take it home and do all the stuff to it, be prepared, it's difficult. There's a long skinny pit that runs down the middle of it.)

I like to juice my spinach and kale before anything else because they don't produce much juice. The other juices tend to help get more of it out of the juicer. Also, drink juice with ice. It really helps it taste better. After juicing, it tends to be kind of foamy, like the end of a smoothie, so the ice helps with that.

Tonight is going to be a big test for me. It's one of my best friend's birthdays and we're going out to eat at Ruby Tuesday. I'm still allowing myself one meal a day but the test is going to be to order the right kind of food. PLUS being around a bunch of delicious looking goodies.

*I'm sure I am not the first person to mix these ingredients together but I didn't see anything out there when I looked. I hope I don't step on anyone's toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment